XML Processing Tools and Utilities
Note: The following are tools and utitities that members of the NCIP community have found useful. The information presented here is provided 'as is' without any warranties, either expressed or implied.
- eXtensible Catalog (XC) Toolkit - The eXtensible Catalog (XC) project is working to design and develop a set of open-source applications that will provide libraries with an alternative way to reveal their collections to library users. One of the sub-projects is an open source NCIP toolkit.
- The NCIP XML Schema for Borrowers - Part of the Jangle project which is described as "experiments with translating the NCIP requests to REST requests, and mapping borrower model onto NCIP responses".
- The Castor Project -Castor is an Open Source data binding framework for Java[tm]. It's the shortest path between Java objects, XML documents and relational tables. Castor provides Java-to-XML binding, Java-to-SQL persistence, and more.
- XMLBeans - XMLBeans is a technology for accessing XML by binding it to Java types.
- Liquid XML - Data binding and schema browsing/editing tools for Windows (both free and commercial products available)
- XML Pad - Schema browsing/editing tool for Windows (freeware)
- Eclipse Web Standard Tools Subproject - Includes an XML schema browser/editor plug-in for Eclipse
- XML Exchanger Lite - XML editor for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux (free version available for academic and non-commerical use)